Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yuto Nagatomo pays tribute to supporters after scoring first Inter goal and hails Javier Zanetti

Inter full-back Yuto Nagatomo has dedicated his first goal for the club to his current employers and his new fans, as a repayment for the faith they have shown in him.

Nagatomo joined in January from Cesena in a deal which saw Davide Santon switch on loan the other way. After only a number of glimpses at the left-back's potential, he found the net for the first time on Sunday against Genoa, and took the time to thank the club for his opportunity at the Milan giants.

"I am the one who should be thanking Inter for this opportunity and everything they have given me during this period," Nagatomo told the Inter Channel.

"I also thank the supporters, as my work is principally in defence and I’m not supposed to score goals, so what happened is a wonderful gift that I give to the club and the fans. Leonardo is a great coach, so I wanted to thank him by bringing over my joy for everything that he has done since I came here."

Nagatomo explained that while he is adapting to life at Inter, he is using club captain Javier Zanetti as a role model and asking the experienced Argentine for advice.

He added: "When I arrived at Inter, communication was a little difficult but now everything is almost perfect and I am taking a lot of satisfaction from playing here. Zanetti is my point of reference, my model to follow, the person who takes care of me, gives me advice and tells me the way."

No comments:

ads

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails